Council of Catholic Women (CCW)
As an affiliate of the National Council of Catholic Women, the Holy Apostles Council of Catholic Women (CCW) works to support, empower, and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership, and service. Our CCW meets the second Monday of each month from September through May. Each meeting begins with a Mass, and continues with a business meeting where we discuss current CCW activities. The CCW is a wonderful way to meet other ladies in our parish and to become more involved in parish life. We strive to learn more about our Catholic faith and often invite guest speakers to help inspire us in our lives as Catholic women.
CCW Spring Retreat - Saturday, March 21st, 9am to 3pm at Nazareth Retreat Center (Deadline to Register is March 9th)
Click here to Learn More and Register with a printable form or Click here for an Online Registration Form
CCW Scholarship Opportunities - Applications Due March 15th
CCW Higher Education Scholarships Higher Education Scholarship Application Form
Every year Holy Apostles CCW offers two scholarships for graduating seniors of the parish. Students do not need to attend a catholic school, but must be members of Holy Apostles. Scholarships are at least $500 each, however, due to high availability of funds, the 2020 scholarships will be $1000 each. It can be used for any further education pursuit, including college, university, beauty school, nurses training, technical school, etc. Applications are due mid March every year and must include two short essays and two letters of recommendation. Applications are available from the parish office or from the CCW president.
CCW St. Ignatius Mom's Scholarship St. Ignatius Mom's Scholarship Application Form
Every year Holy Apostles CCW offers one $500 scholarship to a mom with a child at St Ignatius to help with tuition. To qualify for this scholarship you must be a member of Holy Apostles CCW, attend at least three (3) meetings per year, and complete at least ten (10) hours of volunteer work with CCW. Applications are due mid March each year. Funds will go towards the following academic year.
Holy Apostles CCW lives out our mission by:
- Sponsoring Family Fun Night each November, as well as Fall and Spring Bake Sales
- the Knights of Columbus Blood Drives with baked good donations
- the Holy Apostles Rosary Makers with donations for beads and supplies
- the Legion of Mary with supplies and assistance for Healing Masses
- Hosting receptions for First Communion, Confirmation, RCIA, RCIC, weddings
- Hosting funeral luncheons
- Sending parish courtesy cards
- Praying for our Seminarians at Mt. Angel Seminary with spiritual bouquets of Masses and Rosaries
- Providing college scholarships for parish youth
- Providing a scholarship for St Ignatius mothers
- Providing a scholarship to help interested CCW members to attend ICCW and NCCW retreats, lectures, and conventions for further growth and development in our Catholic faith while addressing local, national, and international concerns.
- Affiliated with the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW), and the Idaho Council of Catholic Women (ICCW) which allows us the opportunity to interact and actively participate with Catholic women around the state and country
- Always welcoming new members
- Always looking for ways to assist our Parish and our spiritual community.
President Ginny Kennebeck, [email protected]
VP Sandy McClurg, [email protected]
2nd VP Bizzy Schorr, [email protected]
Secretary Beverly Wood, [email protected]
Treasurer Lori Dupre, [email protected]
Holy Apostles CCW Forms