The Governor of Idaho has issued a Stay-at-Home order. We will remain closed for PREP classes until further notice.
At this time, no decision has been made about First Communion. We will let you know as soon as we have an answer.
Updates will be sent out via email and on this site as they become available.
Contact us via email if you have questions - we are all working from home.
May God watch over us and our families during this time of uncertainty.
Click for the most recent email from the PREP department:
PREP Update: March 27
1. Be My Disciples, the curriculum for most of our classes, has some great resources on their website (click here!) for parents and students. There are some activities, including chapter reviews, that are directly linked to the content we would have been covering in class. For most students, the chapters they'll miss are chapters 21-23 or 24. Maybe take a look at it during the time your child would have been in class!
2. RCL Benziger, the publisher of our curriculum, has offered a resource for families to use at home. Here is their message:
"RCL Benziger is committed to supporting parish and school families during this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic. With so many struggling to find ways to share our faith, we are seeking ways to support the Church in helping you meet the needs of your faith formation programs. RCL Benziger is proud to introduce a new series for families, Sunday Celebrations. We will provide a Sunday Celebrations session for each Sunday over the next 8 weeks.
Welcome to Sunday Celebrations, a free resource from RCL Benziger to help you celebrate Sunday with your family, in your home. Each Sunday’s celebration focuses on the Gospel of the day, and encourages family members of all ages to join in singing, praying, sharing, and celebrating. Suggested songs and craft activities help enliven and extend the celebrations throughout the week."
Click for the March 29 Sunday Celebration
3. Formed.org - the Holy Apostles code is: 62W3D4 Lots of video resources there, in English and Espanol!
CLICK HERE to Register ONLINE for Faith Formation Classes
**(registration not yet available for 2020/21 school year)**
Welcome! We hope some of your questions about PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) are answered with the information below but if you'd like more information please call us at
208-888-1182 ext. 3022 or 3017
Religious Education at Holy Apostles for Pre-K-5th Grade...
Holy Apostles PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) strives to be a joyful place where children can form relationships, learn that God loves them, grow closer in relationship with Jesus and begin an understanding of the Catholic faith.
Each year classes begin in September but we can add children to the program all year long. It's never "too late" to make disciples! We're here to serve you and your family.
We look forward to meeting you,
Blanca Hutson & Jennifer Severance
Holy Apostles PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) Coordinators
Blanca Hutson: (208) 888-1182 ext. 3017 [email protected]
Jennifer Severance: (208) 888-1182 ext. 3022 [email protected]
Dates for the 2019-20 Year of PREP (Parish Religious Education Program):
1st-5th Grade Class Dates
Pre-K-Kindergarten Class Dates
Children's Liturgy of the Word (KidsWord) Dates
Special Event Dates
PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) Overview:
Religious Education Classes for 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds, and Kindergarteners:
- Classes are held during the 9am and 11am Masses on the 2nd an 3rd Sundays of the month.
- The class year runs from September 15, 2019 through April 19, 2020
- Registration for the new class year begins in August, however if there is room in the classes, we can add children throughout the year.
- The Curriculum used for this age group is the "Stories of God's Love" series published by RCL Benziger. Click here for Parent pages and activities on the Publisher's Website.
Religious Education Classes for 1st – 5th Grades:
- We have 3 class session times from which to choose:
- Monday 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday 6:30-7:30 pm
- The class year runs from Sept. 16 through April 21, 2019. During this time, we follow the West Ada School District Traditional calendar for Holidays... if the schools are out of session on Monday, we will not have Religious Education classes on Monday or Tuesday that week.
- We begin Registration for each new class year in August.
- The Curriculum used for this age group is "Be My Disciples" published by RCL Benziger. Click here for the publisher's website.
- Click here for information on preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion.
- What: At Holy Apostles, we call Children's Liturgy of the Word "KidsWord". This is a program led by the Volunteer KidsWord Team where children attend mass with their family and are led out of the Church to the Day Chapel during Liturgy of the Word. In the Day Chapel the children hear the Gospel and a "kid-friendly" interpretation of the Scripture and usually receive something to take home to help remember and share the message they heard.
- Who: This program is geared to children who are 3-years-old through 2nd grade. Older children are encouraged to remain in mass with their family.
- When: KidsWord is held during the 11 am Mass - 2 Sundays a month (on the 1st and 4th Sundays).
- Why: This schedule allows the children who are attending a pre-school/Kindergarten RE classes on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of the month... an opportunity to attend mass but still receive a message at their comprehension level. And, it gives the children who are visiting or who are not registered in RE a place to better comprehend the Gospel message with their peers.
- How: There is no registration needed for this program. Children attend mass and sit with their family. They follow the KidsWord team to the Day Chapel when called... and return to their families during Preparation of the Gifts.
Want to know more? Click here for the Holy Apostles Religious Education Parent Handbook
For weekly news, sign up to receive the parish email newsletter -- click here
Contact: Blanca Hutson | 888.1182, ext. 3017
Jennifer Severance | 888.1182, ext. 3022