Elementary Religious Education
Welcome! We're looking forward to a fantastic new year. Registration has begun for the 2018/19 RE Year and classes begin the week of Sept. 16
Holy Apostles Religious Education strives to be a joyful place where children can form relationships, learn that God loves them, grow closer in relationship with Jesus and begin an understanding of the Catholic faith.
Click here to Register ONLINE for Faith Formation Classes
Or click here for a paper form to complete and return.
Blanca Hutson: (208) 888-1182 ext. 3017 firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa Malouf: (208) 888-1182 ext. 3022 email@example.com
Dates for the 2018-19 Year of Religious Education:
1st-5th Grade Class Dates
Pre-K-Kindergarten Class Dates
Children's Liturgy of the Word (KidsWord) Dates
Special Event Dates
Religious Education Program Overview:
Religious Education Classes for 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds, and Kindergarteners:
- Classes are held during the 9am and 11am Masses on the 2nd an 3rd Sundays of the month.
- The class year runs from September 16, 2018 through April 14, 2019
- Registration for the new class year begins in late July, however if there is room in the classes, we can add children throughout the year.
- The Curriculum used for this age group is the "Stories of God's Love" series published by RCL Benziger. Click here for Parent pages and activities on the Publisher's Website.
Religious Education Classes for 1st – 5th Grades:
- We have 3 class session times from which to choose:
- Monday 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday 6:30-7:30 pm
- The class year runs from Sept. 17 through April 23, 2019. During this time, we follow the West Ada School District Traditional calendar for Holidays... if the schools are out of session on Monday, we will not have Religious Education classes on Monday or Tuesday that week.
- We begin Registration for each new class year in late July.
- The Curriculum used for this age group is "Be My Disciples" published by RCL Benziger. Click here for the publisher's website.
- Click here for information on preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion.
- What: At Holy Apostles, we call Children's Liturgy of the Word "KidsWord". This is a program led by the Volunteer KidsWord Team where children attend mass with their family and are led out of the Church to the Day Chapel during Liturgy of the Word. In the Day Chapel the children hear the Gospel and a "kid-friendly" interpretation of the Scripture and usually receive something to take home to help remember and share the message they heard.
- Who: This program is geared to children who are 3-years-old through 2nd grade. Older children are encouraged to remain in mass with their family.
- When: KidsWord is held during the 11 am Mass - 2 Sundays a month (on the 1st and 4th Sundays).
- Why: This schedule allows the children who are attending a pre-school/Kindergarten RE classes on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of the month... an opportunity to attend mass but still receive a message at their comprehension level. And, it gives the children who are visiting or who are not registered in RE a place to better comprehend the Gospel message with their peers.
- How: There is no registration needed for this program. Children attend mass and sit with their family. They follow the KidsWord team to the Day Chapel when called... and return to their families during Preparation of the Gifts.
Want to know more? Click here for the Holy Apostles Religious Education Parent Handbook
For weekly news, sign up to receive the parish email newsletter -- click here
Contact: Blanca Hutson | 888.1182, ext. 3017
Theresa Malouf | 888.1182, ext. 3022